Friday, October 10, 2008

Crow Pie


Ingredients:
1 crow
stuffing of your choice
salt and pepper
shortening
flour
2 Pie crust mixes
2-3 hard-boiled eggs

Stuff the crow. Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through.
Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from bones and set aside.
Prepare pie crusts as directed. (Do not bake)
Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool.
Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place second pie dough crust over top.
Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.

This is a real recipe from a collection of weird and different recipes, I think from some guy in Canada.

Yes, I am eating crow. I have the job at Gwinnett County. I start on Monday.

I really didn't plan on returning to the working world for a while, but this job just kind of presented itself and I applied. As you know, I was not first pick. The mother of a friend's friend got the position. However; according to the stories I have heard since, she could not produce documents proving some of the claims on her resume. I ask no questions.

Now, I am going shopping for a quail, because I don't think the grocers around here sell crow.

1 comment:

Theresa Coleman said...

=o)

I'm glad you have employment... even if you were not quite ready yet.