Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Four Meeses


Arthur and S.I.L. have meeses.

One night, while S.I.L. was attending a good friend's funeral, Arthur was home alone with my two grandkitties, Arthur saw a little 'something' run across the floor. Chloe and Buffy took after the 'something' which turned out to be a baby meese. After chasing, catching, tossing and generally having a good old time with the meese, the meese managed to escape.

The next night Arthur and S.I.L. put out meese traps and have so far snagged four. Of course Arthur cried when the first one was found, and almost cried on #2.

Last night, Arthur woke up because Buffy was jumping on the bed and immediately digging in her claws and jumping back off the bed, back and forth several times. When Arthur flipped on the light to see what was going on, a meese was in the bed! Thankfully, that one was already dead.

I am not sure, but I think most mother meeses have a litter of about 8 - 12 babies. So there are probably 4 to 8 more fuzzy-wuzzies running around there.

When I was in the advanced stages of pregnancy with Courage and still experiencing morning sickness, I kept saltine crackers on my headboard to nibble on first thing in the mornings. One morning I woke to find a nice bite taken out of one of my crackers. I immediately woke up the Hubster and told him I didn't think his little prank was very funny. I was fat, nauseated, uncomfortable, and not humored at all by his nibblings. But the Hubster insisted it was not HE that took a bite from my cracker. I didn't believe him and told him to stop picking at me, I was not in the mood. That night, Hubster put a mouse trap under the head of the bed and under a dresser. I couldn't believe the cracker I had that morning had been dined on by a mouse, but in the wee hours of the morning a snap and squeal proved that was indeed the case. I had not believed a mouse climbed the bedpost and made it's way to the headboard. But it did.

I hope Arthur's meeses only get in her bed if brought there by Buffy. And they are already dead.

No comments: