Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tired


For two weeks now I have been very tired. I don't know what the problem is. I have been trying to list all the reasons for being excessively tired:

* lack of sleep
* lack of exercise
* too much exercise
* depression
* anemia

Now I have gone through the list to see which one may apply to me:

* I get on the average seven hours of sleep each night. I wake up after 7 hours of sleep no matter what
* I walk on both my 15 minute breaks at work and some afternoons an additional 30 to 60 minutes - I think I get enough exercise
* As shown above, I think my exercise habits are okay. I've not been exhausted after exercise, so it's not excessive
* I don't THINK I am depressed. I don't have a problem wanting to rise and shine, I haven't had any crying jags lately, and I have no desire to hurt myself or others. I don't feel sad all the time.
* I do have a history of anemia. I am thinking this could be the culprit. I don't eat a whole lot of red meat, or spinach, black eye peas or other sources of iron. I do weight bearing exercise. I don't give blood anymore, I still have mother nature's monthly 'gift', so I am thinking this might be it.

The symptoms of anemia include fatigue and tiredness, confusion, shortness of breath, dizziness and pale skin. I have all these.

I am due for my yearly check-up and at that time I will get my iron tested. And once again they will ask all the questions and then they'll prescribe iron supplements for a month or two and I'll get ok again. I hope.

No comments: