Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...To Me!

My Mother's Day celebration began last Friday...by having my two daughters and their 'significant others' over for dinner. It is hard to work until 5:00, get home at 5:30 and have dinner on the table by 6:00, so I pre-cooked most everything Thursday night and re-heated right before we ate. The menu consisted of Marie Callender's frozen lasagna, Red Baron's frozen cheese pizza, frozen sugar snap peas, frozen corn on the cob and frozen bread sticks. Italy on Ice!

The lasagna was mediocre. The pizza and peas...over cooked. The bread sticks...stale tasting. The corn...was pretty tasty. The dinner was YUCK. But my new son-in-law ate two helpings because he said any meal he didn't have to cook was tasty to him. Courage's BF ate heartily because he said any food that didn't come from the mess hall was good. So they each scored tons of points. Afterwards we went to DQ for ice cream.

On Saturday I attended a Gold Exchange party at my cousin's house. I love to get together with 'my girls' and eat finger food and make money. I turned a few pieces of junk jewelry into cash for an upcoming trip! What fun!

Sunday came and me and my brothers and their families got together with our Mom and Dad to have a picnic. We had sandwiches, chicken, Mama's potato salad and cole slaw, baked beans and watermelon while we sat around and laughed and told stories.



Mother's Day is not about gifts, but my girls gave me nice ones. They know I love to shop and be pampered, so they gave me gift cards to do both! So nice!

I hope everyone had a very nice Mother's Day and got to spend a little time with their kids too! If not in person, then at least a phone call.

No comments: