Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Family Visit


Here are pics from my visit last weekend with my parents.

Pic #1) Ed and Hubster
Pic #2) Me and B2 (my youngest brother)
Pic #3) Courage with Mama

Ed was having a good day that day. Hubster visited even though he was afraid he would cry when he saw my dad. But Ed looked so good, Hubster was actually bolstered by his good mood and good appearance!

Today, my dad got good news from the oncologist...he is starting a new treatment for his brain cancer tomorrow and we are hoping and praying this goes well. (For more details see Ed's Journey in the list of blogs on this page.) Unfortunately, Ed did suffer two seizures today, but thankfully, they were relatively mild. Of course, no matter how mild they are, seizures are scary and not fun what so ever. They always leave him tired and a little 'out of whack'. But some good friends were coming over to visit tonight and my brother is taking him for his first Avastin treatment tomorrow and this brings him hope for more time and better quality of life.

Work is still plugging along...I am still temping at Gwinnett County and still holding out for a permanent position there. Summer is in full swing with lots of my office mates taking vacation so my days at work are busier than ever filling in here and there while the office is short staffed. I actually like it like that; busy and crazy and no time to breath. I have no time to think of personal problems while at work. No time for anything personal actually. I do take my two breaks with my friends and we walk two miles each break even though it is beginning to be almost too hot outside to do that comfortably. Some days I take a 30 minute break (in order to bank comp time for doctor visits for myself and my dad) but most days take an hour and either spent it with daughter Arthur in her office (she has a real office with a door, not a cubicle like moi) or go out with my girlfriends to wonderful places like McCray's on the square. I even sometimes manage to get some thrift store shopping in. Yes, I love thrift store shopping!

No comments: