Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Movin'

We had a little 'moving away' party for Arthur and SIL (my oldest daughter and her husband) tonight. Just a few of us got together and ate at their favorite Mexican restaurant and then came to my house and told stories, laughed, and cut up. But we all have to get up and go to work tomorrow, so at 9:00 we called it a night and everyone headed home.

Yes, Arthur and SIL are moving...to Pine Mountain (near Callaway Gardens). Some people think I am so sad, but really I am not. It is only a two hour drive away and we have already planned it out so that we will see each other every other month. One month, they will come spend the weekend here, the next month we will go there and spend the weekend. I'll probably actually see them more than I do now! (With the exception of seeing Arthur every morning as we carpool to work).

Please keep in prayer all the folks who are losing their jobs through lay offs...my cubicle mate, Nancy and a whole lot of others who work for Gwinnett County (county wide), a family member who told us tonight they are losing theirs, and everyone everywhere. Pray for these folks to find new jobs and to survive on unemployment, etc.

No comments: