Thursday, July 2, 2009

What's been going on this week

(Blacky looks out the back window)


As usual, I have had a busy week and have had a lot going on. Saturday I attended a retirement party for a friend, Sunday spent the day with the 'rents, Monday back to work and holding a secret, Tuesday could talk about the secret because it's no longer a secret (Arthur turned in her notice at work because she and her SIL are moving south to be closer to his job), Wednesday spent most of the day with my dad at the Cancer Center in Athens (see Ed's Journey Blog), and today worked (very slowly since not many people at work and it was very relaxed).

Stuff in between going on...frantic call from former mother-in-law about my ex-husband, Arthur's dad, making me think he was on his death bed. (Wrong). Helping Courage work out problems with summer college courses (actually just serving as a sounding board because she will make her own decisions no matter what input I have), observing, but not participating in a LOT of drama going on in my office, and trying to squeeze in some exercises here and there.

I did see a cute movie last Friday...'The Hangover'. Bradley Cooper nice to look at, thank God, because the other actors are not. Ha ha! But they are funny and it is indeed a cute little movie.

I am off work on Friday with no pay. So is the life of a temp, but not hired through a temp service. (sigh) So that is (almost) two whole days without pay this week. Thank the Good Lord Courage's HOPE scholarship check came in this week so I can pay off her tuition fees for summer classes.

Courage's BF is arriving (late) tonight from his Marine base in NC, and will be visiting friends & family in GA and TX for two weeks. Then he goes back to NC to prepare to ship off to the big AFF. Courage is so excited about him coming she can hardly contain herself and is difficult to live with. Our whole family looks forward to seeing him and spending time with him, especially for 4th of July festivities.

Including some pics of my cats, because they are cute and special.


(Don't play with your food!) (If I get too close to the edge I might fall off!)

I'm a kitty princess! I like Luaus too!

1 comment:

Bloggah said...

I'm going to send you a message on FB...just had an idea.