Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday's Guilty Pleasures


I had a long and boring day at work today. Things were stressful enough before we received an email from (the commissioner???) announcing more budget cuts for the county. I took it as a sign that I will a) definitely not be hired by Gwinnett County any time in the next three years, b) will probably be laid off within a month to three months.

Therefore, I left the office feeling a bit let down and a bit anxious, and a bit hopeful. Hopeful? Yes, if they are going to lay me off, let 'em do it now so I can enjoy summer, fall and Christmas at home. ( :

Since I left the office this afternoon I have enjoyed several guilty pleasures:

* Dinner at Arby's. I had the toasted Italian Sub and a nice glass of ice water, and dinner was delicious as I read a magazine in the non-crowded dining area.

* Pedicure at NY nails including bright red nail polish, cute little flower on the big toe (I usually don't go that girl-y, but oh well!), and a very strange selection on the massage chair. I've never used this setting before...it felt like I was sitting on Santa's lap and Santa was getting excited, if you know what I mean. This was very strange feeling. I felt like everyone in the place knew I was getting a 'knee in the butt' sensation and were staring at me! LOL! Oh! and all of this was covered by a gift certificate given to me by Arthur and SIL for Mother's Day. I got two pedicures out that gift certificate!

* Came home, fed the cats and put them out on the porch (for peace and quiet - plus they love it). By-passed the kitchen and living room and came straight to the bedroom and turned on my SOAPS!

* Played on the computer waaaaayyy tooo long, considering I was thinking of taking a computer sabbatical. Rrrriiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhttttttttttt.

Now, gotta let the kitties back inside and get ready for bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=internet cyclone 1.93 ?
I noticed the axiom you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg