Monday, August 15, 2011

How the Best Memories are Made

Some of my best memories are the ones made while vacationing with my daughters. They include:

1.  Me, making a flying leap in the pitch black dark from my bed to the girls bed....heart pounding and about to pee my pants . . . .after Amber let out a blood curdling scream. All after going on a ghost walk in Savannah. "Mom, did you just whisper 'Monk' in my ear?' 'No.' AAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

2.  Me, screaming bloody murder and climbing a very steep hill very fast after a long, exhausting hike...after Jess picked up a monstrous looking millipede on the end of a stick and came after me with it.

3.  Jess and I giggling and laughing out loud and getting yelled at by a very groggy Amber....after the resident rooster of the camp grounds crowed until all he could do was croak!

4.  Laying in bed, frozen stiff and scared half to death...after Amber asked me 'Did you hear that? It sounds like footsteps in the hall.', while staying at the cabin in Cleveland, Georgia. I answered 'It's just Jess going to the bathroom or something'. And Jess answering from the other room, 'No, I am in bed and I'm not moving'.

5.  Thinking how I want to strangle Amber...after a long exhausting day of hiking on Cumberland Island and dealing with 'bungee-jumping' worms, fighting lizards, and it's 1:00a.m. and all I want to do is sleep, and I hear Amber asking her tent-mate, 'If you could be any magical creature in the world, what would you be? I would be a unicorn!'.

6.  Me and Jess plotting to conceal the cat-sized cockroaches at the 1800's hotel we stayed at in St. Mary's from Amber....watching them almost float across the tops of the curtains, they 'skittered' so fast (and yet they made a clicking noise like they had on tiny high-heel shoes)...and finally telling her about them the next day when we checked out. If we had told her that night, there would have been NO SLEEP FOR ANYONE!

Ahhhhhh...the memories!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Bahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Great memories!