Monday, August 18, 2008

A New Name


The Almost Daughter has requested a 'real' name. First, a little history...

Courage met Almost Daughter in 8th grade, (I think), English class. The first time I met her and Midder (her mom) was a 'Breakfast for Parents' that the English teacher held. I was given strict instructions for entering the school and class room by Courage to follow a few steps behind her so it doesn't look like I am hovering over her, don't smile, and for Heaven's Sake - don't laugh. These are things that parents do that embarrass middle school age kids to no end, obviously.

Almost Daughter was a little slip of a thing, with freckles, just like Courage, but with red hair instead of blonde. Almost Daughter has been one of Courage's BFF's ever since they shared that English class and a French class. She has spent tons of nights with us, eaten many a meal with us, cried and laughed with us, taken many a trip with us, and has wormed her way into all our hearts. She and Courage have shared many a teen girl's sufferings, heartaches, joys and loves. She is Almost Daughter...'almost' because she does go home to her real parents sometimes... (I exaggerate...she is home with her beloveds more than us).

Anyways, A.D. wants a 'character name' so I asked for suggestions. At first she said Howdy Doodie. I said, that sure is a mouthful. Then she suggested 'Krumm'. Of course I thought she said Crumb and I just didn't get it. She explained that Krumm is a character from the animated show 'Real Monsters'. Krumm is a monster who has no eye sockets, so he carries his eyes...one in each fist. (picture shown)I am not sure what they appeal is, but Krumm it is! (actually he grows on you!)

No comments: