Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Restaurant Review: Dickey's Barbeque Pit



Earlier this week I had lunch with one of my BFF. We visited Dickey's Barbecue Pit in Snellville. I like BBQ, but it is not usually my first choice if asked, 'Where do you want for lunch?'. But on this day, I wanted to try this new BBQ restaurant in Snellville, so we whooped the car in and gave it a try.

I have to say, I was quite pleased. I ordered the smoked chicken breast sandwich and the barbecue beans. My friend ordered the pulled pork sandwich and baked potato casserole.

My sandwich was excellent! The bun was fresh and soft. The chicken was a whole chicken breast sliced in 3/4" widths and laid on the bun. It looked rather plain at first, but one bite explained...no lettuce, tomato or sauce needed. Pickles and onions accompanied - but was not needed to enhance the taste of the sandwich. The chicken was extremely tender and seasoned just right. A little side of barbecue sauce was provided, and I barely used any of it.

The barbecue beans were bland in my opinion. They almost tasted like pork and beans with a dab of BBQ sauce on top. I only ate a few bites of those.

My friend said her pulled pork sandwich was equally tender and spiced right. The baked potato casserole was a scoop of mashed potatoes (appeared to be real, not instant), with a sprinkle of cheese, chives, bacon bits maybe?

The cost was average, my meal including a small, refillable, fountain drink came to $7.10.

The first thing we noticed when we went into the dining area was everyone in the place was eating an ice cream cone. We quickly zoomed in on the 'FREE ICE CREAM' sign over a self-serve ice cream dispenser. After we ate our meals, we helped ourselves to the kiddie size cones and vanilla soft serve. It wasn't quite Dairy Queen quality, but it was good and it was free. The size was perfect as it is enough to cure the sweet tooth, but prevents over indulgence (if you heed the one free serving per customer rule).

On a scale of 1 to 5, I give Dickey's a 4. The food was fresh and flavorful, the free dessert was an added bonus. I will definitely go back again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We read your review on-line and decided to give Dickey's a try. You were right! We loved it! Thanks for the information, and keep up the good work!