Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eating to feed your emotions.

According to our WW leader (WWL) tonight, if you eat when you are not hungry, you are more than likely feeding your emotions. You might be feeling bored, out of control, anxious, angry, lonely, etc. So, you eat a candy bar, a cookie, a cake or a loaf of bread. But does that give you what you really want? Stimulation, control, comfort, satisfaction, happiness, etc? No. Mostly, it just makes you feel guilty. WWL would like for us to try a little experiment. When we want to eat, but are not actually experiencing hunger pangs, shake our hands, like they went to sleep and you are trying to regain the feeling. He says it is a little distraction for the brain. He seems to think it will help us not eat when we aren't really hungry. I'll give it a try. But I must admit, I am a bit skeptical. Of course, I was a little bit skeptical that I could stick to a diet. But tonight the scale says I have lost a total of 15.4 lbs!

And get this; Arthur has lost exactly 28 lbs! Her co-workers continue to tease her about her 'baggy britches'. I say, that's a good thing to be teased about! Arthur is trying really hard to eat 'good' this week, and not get into her extra points during the week, so that she can splurge this weekend when we all go out to celebrate her birthday! She and I can hardly wait because our restaurant choice serves shrimp and grits. Ok, it probably won't be as good as the shrimp and grits we get on River Street in Savannah, but we're hoping it will be at least HALF as good! Then we are taking in a play. Details later! Arthur and I both need new clothes, but don't have the time to shop. I bought a bunch of new things when I found out I had a job, but honestly, those things are now kinda' saggy! Hmmm. Not complaining though!

No comments: