Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Regents Tests


Courage and Krumm took the Regents Test tonight. I have no worries about them taking this test...both are good at writing. I don't know Krumm's writing abilities as well, but I know Courage writes really well. They both got really good topics...Courage wrote about what she likes about shopping in big malls opposed to shopping at stand alone stores or strip malls (so fitting). Krumm wrote about what is easy to discuss with parents and what is difficult to discuss. Hmmm! I might could gain some insight if I could read that essay!

I remember my own Regents Test...back in 1986. Out of the three topics I was given, I chose to write about domestic violence and how it affects women. I made the 2nd highest score on Regents Tests taken at Gainesville College that year (called Gainesville Junior College at that time). My best college classmate friend, Spiderman, (he was all arms and legs, the name just fit him well), scored the best! We were in such competition with each other! I think it helps to have a 'competitive' friend...makes you try harder.

Anyways...keep your fingers crossed for Courage and Krumm. I'll let you know their results when we get 'em!

No comments: