Monday, February 2, 2009

Ground Hog Day


Today is Ground Hog Day. It means nothing to me, but thought it would be a good title. ( I don't know if our local weather predictor, Robert E. Lee, saw his shadow or not!)

I can cross one thing off the list that needs to be purchased for the wedding...candle holders. The Hallmark store on Hwy 20 in Grayson is going out of business, everything is at least 50% off, some items are 75% off, and they had ONE candle holder (for the unity candle set) left. It was the display, but nothing was wrong with it. I bought new flowers to go with it, told him to keep the display flowers because they were a bit dusty and dingy. It is pretty and I am quite pleased with my purchase!

I ran into Tony, from WW, tonight at Wally-World. Tony's daughter is getting married this spring. We both expressed our wish for the weddings to come, go, and be lovely, and be happy, and be over. Tony has been out of work for quite some time (ever since I met him back last summer). He said his daughter's reception alone was costing him $8,000.00. I nearly fell into my Wally-World buggy! He also said his daughter and her new husband would be leaving the wedding in a helicopter, which costs roughly $500.00 an hour. I told Tony we were having a smaller wedding. No caterers, no helicopters. Tony expressed his dismay at having to resort to credit cards. Hey! His daughter is having the big blow out wedding, but at least I won't have the big blow out bills afterwards!

My friend 'S' at work, her son is getting married the same day as Arthur. Their wedding sounds more like along the lines of our wedding. But 'S' has hit a few rough patches with her son's future mother-in-law. 'S' is so incredibly sweet, I cannot imagine anyone not getting along with her and not just loving her!

Hubster has pretty much finished his project for the wedding...the music CD's for the reception. He has done such a good job on CD #1, I am going to listen to CD #2 tomorrow! I enjoy playing #1 over and over in my car. I pretend he made that CD of love songs just for me! (smile)

Tomorrow after work, Arthur and I go to see the seamstress, to pick up the gown after alterations. The seamstress is loaning her a crinoline type slip to go underneath the gown. It makes the gown go 'POOF'! In a good way! I am so happy about the loan, because those things cost about $100.00 for a good one!

Thursday, I have a hair appointment. I called and worked with the girl at the salon for about a half hour on trying to find a spot with the stylist I wanted. At first we settled on NEXT Thursday evening, but the more I thought about that, the more I thought well....maybe it will be okay if I ask to leave early one day this week to be able to make an opening this week. NEXT Thursday is only 2 days before the wedding. That is REALLY cutting it close. Having it done this week is more better.

Oh me...I have THREE BIG THINGS I NEED TO FINISH...a project for the wedding, taxes, and work on Mama and Ed's medical bill book. AAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!

No comments: