Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Irish Blessing


Thanks to all my friends at work, friends at church, friends in general, and family, I had a wonderful birthday!

I got cake, cupcakes, pie, lunch, dinner with family and several gifts. But mostly I got lots of hugs and happy birthday wishes - which made my day! My former in-laws called and sang to me, I put them on speaker phone so the office could hear them, and that was really touching because it's been a tradition for a bazillion years!

I got to see my Mama and Dad and see them happy and smiling.

Courage is still recovering from a terrible tonsil infection, but she feels better tonight and that makes me happy too!

The Hubster gave me exactly what I asked for this time for a change...a gift card to Smoothie King! YUMMMMMO!

The birthday card I received from my former brother and sister-in-law (now friends, not relatives), had the best Irish Blessing inside! It really touched me and seemed appropriate, so I want to share it with you;

May God give you... For every storm, a rainbow, For every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and answer for each prayer.

How sweet that is! I pray it for me, and you too!

No comments: