Friday, March 13, 2009

Strange Thoughts


My brain is so overloaded with information and decisions and sadness as I take in the fact that my step dad, who has been daddy since I was seven, faces the news he may have only six months to live. He has gone down, health-wise, drastically since he got this news on Wednesday. His seizures are coming closer together again. We (me, my mom, brothers, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends) cry, and he cries.

Also, the Hubster's dad is very aged and having health problems of his own. He is just over 90 and has done remarkably well for his age, but he is beginning to wind down.

Courage went to the doc today with what she thought was strep throat; it was tonsillitis instead. She has bottles of meds to take now.

I am so tired, and yet want to stay up and read, watch t.v., learn, explore...not be too alone with my thoughts.

A weird thought popped in my head when I lay on the bed with courage and she dozed...I, like most women, have certain body parts and features I have never been 100% satisfied with. I have never liked the shape of my nose. (from Daddy). I have always thought my lips were too thin. I look at Courage and her lips are so fat and fluffy...more so since she is feverish...but her lips are full and beautiful. Like Angelina lips.

That makes me think of Arthur's nose. She has the perfect little nose, not too straight, not too sloped, not to wide, not too long. Almost a nose-job nose. (At least in my book!)

I find that I like that my girls each have a 'perfect' version of a feature I find imperfect in myself.

Strange thoughts...huh?

No comments: