Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So far this week...

Arthur has now lost a total of 35.6 lbs! We are seeing a lot less of her! She continues to count points and eat better, and it shows! Me, I am .6 lbs away from my goal. I hope to be there next Tuesday. Then after 6 weeks of keeping my goal weight, I will have free membership. Then I could use that $39.99 a month to buy new clothes that fit.

I attended the Christmas party for my ladies group at church tonight, and it was fun to relax with the 'girls' and just have some fun. This is another reason to be thankful for the season! Time spent with friends! We played 'Dirty Santa', but it didn't get dirty. I came home with a trio of gold wire angels which I love!

This Friday my dad has his first visit with the Oncologist. We hope to get answers and have a better idea of what 'the plan' is. He is enjoying being home. Since we found out about his brain cancer, I have heard many stories about cancer and brain tumors. Some have happy endings, some do not. I am praying for the best.

This is a very hectic time of year. More so this year than in the past. We not only have the holidays to celebrate, but also an upcoming wedding for one daughter, the completion of the first year of college for the other daughter, and add to the mix, having the rug yanked out from under us.

But all is well.

No comments: