Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Matchstick Reminder


Arthur and I had our 3rd WW meeting tonight. Arthur is doing so good. She lost another 1.8 lbs, for a total of 6.4 lbs (at the end of two weeks). Me, not so good. I had lost 1.4 lbs the first week. I gained .8 back. I think several things contributed to this gain...the fact that I was out of coffee creamer and couldn't rely on coffee as a nighttime snack. I only walked twice this week instead of the almost nightly walks I usually take. Me and the Hubster had two movie nights this week instead of one (which means popcorn and chocolate). Finally, the Hubster twisted my arm and made me eat at Waffle House Sunday evening. Yeah, Waffle House and Weight Watchers don't really sound good in the same in the sentence. So this week I brought home the 'magic journal'. This journal is used by a different person in the WW group for one week, and then passed on to someone else the next week, and so on and so on. The 'magic journal' makes you more accountable because you want to be a good example to someone else who uses it in the future. It makes you more diligent about food journaling. According to recent news reports, food journaling is a very helpful tool when attempting to lose weight. I won something from the drawing again this week, a chocolaty bar looking thing. I am hiding it from myself until I feel like I just HAVE to have something. (Which has been quite often this past 7 days). I wanted to win one of the the two WW magazines in the give-away, but others won those. I can't eat those, so they would be more helpful. But at the end of the meeting our leader hands everyone a match. After we all have a match she tells us to look at it, and each time we look at it to remember, 'You don't have to be stick thin to be red hot!' Kinda cute, huh?

No comments: