Monday, November 17, 2008

A Crazy Week

Everything has been so crazy this past week...it's all a blur. Here are some updates...(and Praises to God!)

1. My dad did not have a heart attack. He did have a problem with his heart rhythm. He had a procedure called 'ablation' on Friday which seems to have done the trick. They adjusted his high blood pressure meds and he is also now on meds for emphysema. He came home from the hospital Saturday afternoon and that afternoon he rode with me to Walmart to get his meds and a few grocery items. He is happy to be home and feeling better.

2. Courage got home late Sunday from her trip to NC.

3. Arthur did some cake tasting this weekend for her wedding cake. She did a 'drive-by' look at the bed and breakfast we all are staying at the night before the wedding.

4. Because I was driving back and forth to Athens this past week...my house looks like a tornado hit it, turned around and came back and hit it again. Mine and the Hubster's bedroom especially looks disastrous.

5. Arthur and I picked out the stationary for the wedding invites and RSVP cards, guest book, toast glasses, accent ribbon for the invites, and some wedding favours.

6. I made the deposit for the photographer (which reserves the date) and lined up the sylists for the hair and makeup for the bride and 4 bridesmaids.

7. Arthur, Courage and I all were able to each spend one meal with a good friend, because amidst all this craziness we have to have some time with those who make us feel special.

8. Me, Courage and Krumm spent Sunday afternoon at the King Tut exhibition at the Atlanta Civic Center and then had dinner at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro at Atlantic Station. I highly recommend the King Tut exhibition.

9. Tonight, Courage and I spent the evening Christmas shopping. Another night, soon, Arthur and I will do the same.

10. The day before my dad took his trip to the ER in the ambulance, a new baby was born into the family. Baby Ethan Moon came to us Monday, Nov. 10, weighing 7.6 pounds. He has fat cheeks and a head full of dark hair. His momma won't let anyone hold him...

11. On the way to the hospital to visit my dad one night, I saw a person standing on the side of 316 East, in the pouring rain, waving his open cell phone, trying to flag someone down. I didn't see a car. My mom and Courage were in the car with me. I know I shouldn't have taken the risk, but pulled over. This man had hit a deer and his car had plunged off the side of the car into a ravine. He wasn't hurt, but was stranded with his car in the ravine, and had no idea where he was located and couldn't tell emergency vehicles where he was. I helped him best I could with his location and drove off with him standing in the rain. He wanted to wait there for the police to come. I pray that he got help. My mom said he'd be okay if he didn't drown before the police got there. I was afraid to stay put with flashers on the side of the road. I couldn't pull way off the shoulder because there wasn't much shoulder, it was dark and pouring rain. I was afraid another car, or huge transfer truck, would smash into us from behind. I pray he got help fast.

12. I am so exhausted I can hardly think straight. I see no end in sight as the holidays are upon us.

I am going to go to bed now. Take care readers! Thanks for all the well-wishes and prayers for my dad!

No comments: