Saturday, November 8, 2008

Doggy Woes


My friend (and former mother-in-law) asked me to ask if any of my readers have had this problem with their weiner dog...you know, Dachshund.

She says her little Dachshund has a problem. The little doggy has leakage from 'back there'. She says similar to a menstrual flow, but the vet says it is not that. I am not sure where exactly the leakage is coming from. Her vet has not really been very helpful. He tells her to just keep baby wipes on hand and keep it clean and dry. Unfortunatly the area stays irritated I guess from a combination of the oozing and the wiping and patting. I am assuming since she takes the dog to the vet that he doesn't know what the problem is. I know the dog is over 5 years old, but I think less than 10. She is 'fixed'. That's really all the info I have.

If anyone knows anything about this and has any ideas of what she can do to help her doggy, please let me know.

3 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

Poor Goggie.

DD said...

The vet doesn't seem to be very well informed. Your friend might find out more from calling a Dachshund breeder or even someone at a Dachshund rescue group who knows a lot about the breed. I'm just an idiot, and I would guess it's a malfunctioning sphincter or gland...!

Carolyn Chapple said...

Thanks for the advice Darla! I will pass this on to my friend. I was sort of thinking it was the same problem you mentioned!