Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm Leavin' on a jet plane...


Courage left Friday evening...on a jet plane. She'll be home late Sunday...I'll miss her. But she'll be home soon. She's visiting the BF at Camp LeJuene. She's a big girl now. Oh, and this was her first experience in flying and she went ALONE!!!! That's why she's called 'Courage'!!!

I had a little 'fun' with John Denver's song...'Leavin on a Jet Plane'. She'll probably kill me...

All her bags are packed
and she's ready to go
she's standing here just outside the door
I hate to drive her here to say goodbye

But I've known this was coming
since early morn
She's waiting for me
she's blowing her horn
Already I miss her so bad that I could die

So she kissed me and smiled for me
she said I know you'll wait for me
Then I held her like I'd never let her go
Cause she's leaving on a jet plane
Gone to see that boyfriend again
Oh babe, I hate to see you go

There are many times you've made this trip
but the times before I didn't need a stiff upper lip
I've gone with you or you took your best friend
Every time you go, I think of you
as you were not long a ago, my little girl
When you come back, will you have a wedding ring?

So I kiss you and you smile for me
You tell me you will be back for me
You hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause you're leaving on a jet plane
I know you'll soon be back again
Oh babe, I hate to let you go

Now the time has come for you to leave
one more time
let me kiss your cheek
then I'll close my eyes
and you'll be on your way
You'll dream about the days to come
Than you will spend with your boyfriend
About the times I will not have a say

Oh kiss me, and smile for me
Tell me that you'll come home to me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause you're leaving on a jet plane
I know you'll soon be home again
Oh babe, I hate to see you go

But you're leaving on a jet plane
You better hurry back to me
Oh babe, I hate to see you go

No comments: