Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Update on Dad-The Good News and the Bad News

My dad is feeling better today...if you look at the big picture. He is still not well. He was having some nausea and vomiting tonight when I visited. He asked me to bring him a McDonald's burger, but he could only eat a couple of bites before his stomach turned. I got upset when I learned they were giving him a particular drug (Reglin...spelling???) I asked them to stop administering that drug. I have had a bad history with that drug. They gave him something else instead and he felt better after 10 minutes.

The Good News: His stress test came out good. His heart is good. The Bad News: He has severe emphysema. He is 62. He started smoking at age 12. So he smoked for about 49 years before he quit about this time last year. I hate that he has lung disease. But at least now people believe me when I say there is 'something' wrong with him. He can now be treated and hopefully feel better. We will know if there are other problems after more test results come in and more tests are performed.

Thanks for all the prayers from my friends, loved ones and strangers alike. God bless all the Prayer Warriors!

3 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

Praying.
and hugs to you.

Carolyn Chapple said...

Thanks Rev. Mommy. I appreciate your prayers and hugs!

DD said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he'll be on the mend soon, as much as possible.