Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Boo for me!


Tonight was Tuesday night weigh in at Weight Watchers. I am sorry to say this, but, I gained 1.6 pounds! Yikes! Of course, I have my excuses for that weight gain!

Yeah for Arthur!!! - because she lost another .6 lbs! She has lost over 22 lbs. I was glad to hear she lost some, because she thought she hadn't lost any.

My excuses?
1) I have been sneaking in bites of this and that without writing them down in my food journal
2) I went to a fall festival Saturday and ate a real hamburger and 1/2 a brownie!
3) It was supposed to be 'that time of month' today, and it didn't happen. (No worries, at 47 that happens every few months or so. But you still get the bloating).
4) I have used salt in cooking more this past week. Salt makes you retain water.
5) I wore blue jeans instead of shorts to weigh in. (Hey! These are excuses!)
6) I ate dinner before weigh in. That's a no no!

Things I intend to do this week to get off that 1.6 pounds, plus some:
1) I am already doing jogging/walking intervals for 1 hour, 4 miles, most days. So I guess I will try to stick to doing more weight lifting and crunches.
2) Use less salt this week.
3) Keep my hand out of the candy corn jar.
4) Stop sneaking bites unless I intend to write them down and keep track of those points.
5) Have a plan for eating if I go another fall festival this weekend, and I plan to.
6) Wear light weight clothes to the next weigh in and not eat dinner until after the WW meeting.

Losing weight or maintaining our current weight is going to get harder for me and Arthur, now that we are approaching the 'Eating Season'. It usually starts for us with Arthur's birthday, which is near the end of October. Then Halloween. I always make hot dogs, chili and some sort of treat for Halloween. (I've got to get fat free dogs and find a good lite chili recipe!) And of course we plunge into the left over trick or treat candy. There's all the fall festivals. Then Thanksgiving. Next comes all the Christmas office parties, girls' night out parties, parties at church, and then Christmas with several different branches of our family tree. I hope the 11 pounds I have lost this year don't find their way back HOME by the end of the year!

No comments: