Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Give Arthur a BIG HAND!

*** I am so proud of Arthur!!!! She has met her first goal of losing 10% of her total body weight!!!! She now has lost 19.6 lbs all together! She is looking awesome - look at the Fair Animals slide show...you will see her improvements! Tonight in WW, she got a gold tone key chain for her achievement, and she will get charms to put on it when she meets other goals.

*** A few claps for me too, for I have lost a total of 11 lbs. That means I got another gold star. But the best reward is that I wore a pair of capri pants today, that at the first of the summer my muffin top lopped over the top of those things and they were SO uncomfortable, and today I wore them to an appointment and shopping and had to hitch them up all day long! I finally put a belt on with them to wear out to WW.

***Arthur and I went to the Gwinnett County Fair last night. Let me assure all of you who are watching your waistlines...you can make BETTER choices at the fair then you may think. First, Arthur glided past the deep fried okra booth and got a grilled corn on the cob and requested it NOT be dunked in butter. I took one bite and YUMMO-LICIOUS! The corn was so sweet you definitely don't miss the butter. Then we walked right by the deep fried chicken on a stick and got the FIRE GRILLED chicken on a stick - an order of 3 so we could try all 3 flavors...honey bbq, bourbon whiskey and cajun. The Honey BBQ was awesome! We walked around and looked at all the rides and games and admired the GIGANTIC CORNDOGS and ENORMOUS STEAKBURGERS, then had one peice of cheese pizza...cut right down the middle! We then visited the show animals and the petting zoo. After that, we went to the booth next to the deep fried SNICKERS, and we each got a frozen bananna dipped in chocolate and rolled in peanut topping. We were GORGED OUT by then and not feeling guilty at all!

No comments: