Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday Night Weigh In



Yeah!!!! for Arthur! She has lost just over 17.4 lbs now! That is 17.4 lbs in 9 weeks! I think that is awesome. She has a waist now and she is looking doggone good! She has just 1.6 lbs to lose to reach her first goal of 10% of body weight lost. Me, well, I just got back from a 4 day trip to Jacksonville, N.C., (yes, to Camp Lejeune again - for Courage to meet up with the BF!) . I was bad on this trip. I ate stuff I shouldn't have (pizza - huge NY style slice with MEAT on it!) and raisinettes at night in front of the t.v. I didn't lose an ounce. But on the up side, I didn't gain an ounce either.

We had our first session with our new, MALE, WW instructor tonight. His name is Marc, he is a little older than myself, and he is very enthusiastic! Arthur and I liked him a lot! We talked a lot about the reasons people join WW, other than the obvious reason (to lose weight). Some reasons given were, to help with acid reflux (that was my contribution), to learn better eating habits and nutrition, and to feel better about self. All very good reasons!

We also talked about WW 's current project...for every pound a WW member loses between Sept. 7 and Oct. 18, WW will match it with a 1lb of food (translation: $1 for each 1 lb. lost) which will be donated to two organizations (Share Our Strength & Action Against Hunger) which provide food to those in need - up to 1 million dollars! Arthur and I are excited to lose pounds to help those who need food!

I highly recommend WW to anyone who needs to a) lose weight, b) battles GERD and/or Barrett's Disease, c) needs to learn how to eat nutritiously, and d) wants to feel better about themselves. WW works!

No comments: